Sunday, September 9, 2012

Vase Design


-Evenin' folks. First design is up for critiquing!

-Seeing as how I've never owned a vase in my life, much less flowers to put in one, this was fun because I was working with something I'm completely unfamiliar with.

-Standing at a foot and a half tall, I designed this with an architectural shape in mind, but looking at the cascading form, I decided it looked more like a waterfall.  I imagine the body is made out of something like polished ivory (sorry for the hurried chicken scratch shading), or a solid black material with a lot of sheen.  The two inlaying panels will be mirrored.

-Functionality wise, I suppose people would find this in a place like Brookstone and would appeal to those who fancy shiny things...with lots of right angles.

-Looking forward to the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment