Sunday, September 30, 2012

Peel, Gwen
Reflective Light
This chandelier is made with beveled mirror pyramids and glass orbs. The base and the hanging wires are oxidized copper, which drips over the orbs. The 2' x 2 1/2" mirror columns will hang in a spiral, with the center column hanging the lowest. Some of the sides of the mirrors will face each other to create a continuing space. I wanted to create an elegant chandelier that reflects the globes, copper and other mirrors. The light itself is of course is the main element that I wanted to reflect. I want to create a bright aura around the design. I think it is similar to a wind chime, but my inspiration came from a system of mirrors that I assembled in my dark apartment to create more natural light.
Target market: To be sold at Lowes and Home Depot or in a Hotel.   

No comments:

Post a Comment