Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bustamante, Mark — Cabin Chair

When I think Southwestern furniture and Southwestern style, I think of my father. The home I grew up in was heavily influenced and decorated in a "Santa Fe" style, and since we lived in Santa Fe it seemed appropriate. The inspiration for this piece was naturally my father.

The Cabin Chair is meant to reflect the hunter and cowboy lifestyle that I feel reflects the Southwest. The chair itself is taken from a recognizable style of chairs but with some important updates to reflect Southwestern style.

The first noticeable change is the legs and support. The traditional burled wood style has been replaced by a coarse grain wood, shaped to resemble Elk antlers. The other noticeable change is the cow hide used to upholster the seat. Large copper buttons have added to the seat back.

The target market for this chair is primarily men who wish to reflect their hunter or cowboy lifestyle in their home. It would be a perfect compliment to other Southwestern inspired furniture.

Retail Price will be $500

No comments:

Post a Comment